Table of contents
- BP101T Human Anatomy and Physiology I – Theory Syllabus
- Reference Books, Notes Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I Videos
BP101T Human Anatomy and Physiology I – Theory Syllabus
Introduction to human body
Definition and scope of anatomy and physiology, levels of structural organization and body systems, basic life processes, homeostasis, basic anatomical terminology.
Cellular level of organization
Structure and functions of cell, transport across cell membrane, cell division, cell junctions. General principles of cell communication, intracellular signaling pathway activation by extracellular signal molecule, Forms of intracellular signaling: a) Contact-dependent b) Paracrine c) Synaptic d) Endocrine
Tissue level of organization
Classification of tissues, structure, location and functions of epithelial, muscular and nervous and connective tissues.
Structure and functions of skin
Divisions of skeletal system, types of bone, salient features and functions of bones of axial and appendicular skeletal system
Organization of skeletal muscle, physiology of muscle contraction, neuromuscular junction
Structural and functional classification, types of joints movements and its articulation
Body fluids and blood
Body fluids, composition and functions of blood, hemopoeisis, formation of hemoglobin, anemia, mechanisms of coagulation, blood grouping, Rh factors, transfusion, its significance and disorders of blood, Reticulo endothelial system.
Lymphatic organs and tissues, lymphatic vessels, lymph circulation and functions of lymphatic system
Peripheral nervous system
Classification of peripheral nervous system: Structure and functions of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
Origin and functions of spinal and cranial nerves.
Structure and functions of eye, ear, nose and tongue and their disorders.
Heart – anatomy of heart, blood circulation, blood vessels, structure and functions of artery, vein and capillaries, elements of conduction system of heart and heart beat, its regulation by autonomic nervous system, cardiac output, cardiac cycle. Regulation of blood pressure, pulse, electrocardiogram and disorders of heart.
Reference Books, Notes Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Essentials of Medical Physiology by K. Sembulingam and P. Sembulingam. Jaypee brothers medical publishers, New Delhi.
- Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness by Kathleen J.W. Wilson, Churchill Livingstone, New York
- Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams & Wilkins Co,Riverview,MI USA
- Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C,Guyton andJohn.E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH, U.S.A.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora Grabowski. Palmetto, GA, U.S.A. 31
- Textbook of Human Histology by Inderbir Singh, Jaypee brother’s medical publishers, New Delhi.
- Textbook of Practical Physiology by C.L. Ghai, Jaypee brother’s medical publishers, New Delhi.
- Practical workbook of Human Physiology by K. Srinageswari and Rajeev Sharma, Jaypee brother’s medical publishers, New Delhi.
Reference Books (Latest Editions)
- Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams & Wilkins Co, Riverview, MI USA
- Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH, U.S.A.
- Human Physiology (vol 1 and 2) by Dr. C.C. Chatterrje ,Academic Publishers Kolkata
Human Anatomy and Physiology I Videos