Table of contents
- BP201T Human Anatomy and Physiology II Theory Syllabus
- Reference Books, Notes Human Anatomy and Physiology II
BP201T Human Anatomy and Physiology II Theory Syllabus
Organization of nervous system, neuron, neuroglia, classification and properties of nerve fibre, electrophysiology, action potential, nerve impulse, receptors, synapse, neurotransmitters.
Central nervous system: Meninges, ventricles of brain and cerebrospinal fluid.structure and functions of brain (cerebrum, brain stem, cerebellum), spinal cord (gross structure, functions of afferent and efferent nerve tracts,reflex activity)
Anatomy of GI Tract with special reference to anatomy and functions of stomach, ( Acid production in the stomach, regulation of acid production through parasympathetic nervous system, pepsin role in protein digestion)
small intestine and large intestine, anatomy and functions of salivary glands, pancreas and liver,
Movements of GIT, digestion and absorption of nutrients and disorders of GIT.
Formation and role of ATP, Creatinine Phosphate and BMR
Anatomy of respiratory system with special reference to anatomy of lungs, mechanism of respiration, regulation of respiration
Lung Volumes and capacities transport of respiratory gases, artificial respiration, and resuscitation methods.
Anatomy of urinary tract with special reference to anatomy of kidney and nephrons, functions of kidney and urinary tract, physiology of urine formation, micturition reflex and role of kidneys in acid base balance, role of RAS in kidney and disorders of kidney.
Classification of hormones, mechanism of hormone action, structure and functions of pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, adrenal gland, pancreas, pineal gland, thymus and their disorders.
Anatomy of male and female reproductive system,
Functions of male and female reproductive system, sex hormones, physiology of menstruation, fertilization, spermatogenesis, oogenesis, pregnancy and parturition
Introduction to genetics
Chromosomes, genes and DNA, protein synthesis, genetic pattern of inheritance
Reference Books, Notes Human Anatomy and Physiology II
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
1. Essentials of Medical Physiology by K. Sembulingam and P. Sembulingam. Jaypee brothers medical publishers, New Delhi.
2. Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness by Kathleen J.W. Wilson, Churchill Livingstone, New York
3. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams & Wilkins Co,Riverview,MI, USA
4. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C,Guyton andJohn.E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH, U.S.A.
5. Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora Grabowski. Palmetto, GA, U.S.A.
6. Textbook of Human Histology by Inderbir Singh, Jaypee brothers medical publishers, New Delhi.
7. Textbook of Practical Physiology by C.L. Ghai, Jaypee brothers medical publishers, New Delhi.
8. Practical workbook of Human Physiology by K. Srinageswari and Rajeev Sharma, Jaypee brother’s medical publishers, New Delhi.
1. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams & Wilkins Co, Riverview, MI USA
2. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH, U.S.A.
3. Human Physiology (vol 1 and 2) by Dr. C.C. Chatterrje ,Academic Publishers Kolkata