Table of contents
- BP 204T Pathophysiology Theory Syllabus
- Unit I
- Unit II
- Unit III
- Unit IV
- Unit V
- Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
BP 204T Pathophysiology Theory Syllabus
Basic principles of Cell injury and Adaptation:
Introduction, definitions, Homeostasis, Components and Types of Feedback systems,
Causes of cellular injury,Pathogenesis (Cell membrane damage, Mitochondrial damage, Ribosome damage, Nuclear damage)
Morphology of cell injury – Adaptive changes (Atrophy, Hypertrophy, hyperplasia, Metaplasia, Dysplasia),
Cell swelling, Intra cellular accumulation,
Calcification, Enzyme leakage and Cell Death Acidosis &Alkalosis,
Basic mechanism involved in the process of inflammation and repair
Introduction, Clinical signs of inflammation, Different types of Inflammation,Mechanism of Inflammation – Alteration in vascular permeability and blood flow, migration of WBC’s,Mediators of inflammation,Basic principles of wound healing in the skin,Pathophysiology of Atherosclerosis
Hypertension, congestive heart failure, ischemic heart disease (angina,myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis)
Asthma, Chronic obstructive airways diseases.
Acute and chronic renal failure .
Iron deficiency, megaloblastic anemia (Vit B12 and folic acid), sickle cell anemia, thalasemia, hereditary acquired anemia, hemophilia
Diabetes, thyroid diseases, disorders of sex hormones
Epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, psychiatric disorders: depression, schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Inflammatory bowel diseases, jaundice, hepatitis (A,B,C,D,E,F) alcoholic liver disease.
Disease of bones and joints:
Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and gout
Principles of cancer:
classification, etiology and pathogenesis of cancer
Diseases of bones and joints:
Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis,Gout
Principles of Cancer:
Classification, etiology and pathogenesis of Cancer
Meningitis,Typhoid, Leprosy, Tuberculosis Urinary tract infections
Sexually transmitted diseases
AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
1. Vinay Kumar, Abul K. Abas, Jon C. Aster; Robbins &Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease; South Asia edition; India; Elsevier; 2014.
2. Harsh Mohan; Text book of Pathology; 6th edition; India; Jaypee Publications; 2010.
3. Laurence B, Bruce C, Bjorn K. ; Goodman Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics; 12 th edition; New York; McGraw-Hill; 2011.
4. Best, Charles Herbert 1899-1978; Taylor, Norman Burke 1885-1972; West, John B (John Burnard); Best and Taylor’s Physiological basis of medical practice; 12th ed; united states;
5. William and Wilkins, Baltimore;1991 [1990 printing].
6. Nicki R. Colledge, Brian R. Walker, Stuart H. Ralston;Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine; 21st edition; London; ELBS/Churchill Livingstone; 2010.
7. Guyton A, John .E Hall; Textbook of Medical Physiology; 12 th edition; WB Saunders Company; 2010.
8. Joseph DiPiro, Robert L. Talbert, Gary Yee, Barbara Wells, L. Michael Posey; Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiological Approach; 9 th edition; London; McGraw-Hill Medical; 2014.
9. V. Kumar, R. S. Cotran and S. L. Robbins; Basic Pathology; 6 th edition; Philadelphia; WB Saunders Company; 1997.
10. Roger Walker, Clive Edwards; Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics; 3rd edition; London; Churchill Livingstone publication; 2003.
1. The Journal of Pathology. ISSN: 1096-9896 (Online)
2. The American Journal of Pathology. ISSN: 0002-9440
3. Pathology. 1465-3931 (Online)
4. International Journal of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology. ISSN: 1944-8171 (Online)
5. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. ISSN-0377-4929.