Monkeypox updates home care 🏠 update from WHO
If you think you have monkeypox, isolate and contact a health worker. Do the following to protect others:
• If possible, isolate in a separate room
• Use a separate bathroom or clean well after each use
• Clean surfaces with soap, water, and disinfectant
• Use separate utensils, towels, and bedding
• Open windows for ventilation
• Clean hands with soap and water, and an alcohol-based sanitizer
• Keep a distance of 1 meter from others
• Cover rash with clothes or bandages
• Wear a well-fitting medical mask
• Avoid sweeping and vacuuming
• Do your own laundry. Place laundry in a plastic bag before carrying it to the washing area, and use hot water
Use medication for pain and fever if needed.
A monkeypox vaccine has been approved. Some countries recommend vaccination for those who’ve been in close contact with someone who has monkeypox. Mass vaccination is not recommended at this time.