Typhoid Fever symptoms, causes, treatment, medicine Social Pharmacy
Causative agent: Salmonella typhi
Mode of Transmission:
1. Transmitted by faecal-oral route or urine-oral route
2. Contaminated food, water, milk.
3. Flies also act as mechanical carriers.
4. It is also transmitted by contaminated fingers
Symptoms: Continuous fever for 3 to 4 weeks, relative bradycardia, body pain
Prevention & Control:
- Control of the reservoir.
- Early diagnosis by culture of stool and blood.
- Isolation of the patient to prevent the spread of infection.
- Disinfection of stool and urine.
- Water and milk should be consumed only after proper boiling.
- Education of people for sanitary measures like safe drinking water, food and personal hygiene.
- Immunization with TAB vaccine containing S. typhi, S. paratyphi A and S. paratyphi B.
- Treatment with antibiotics such as chloramphenicol.
F Y D Pharm & S Y D Pharm Notes, Books, Syllabus, PDF, Videos
Manisha Yogesh Chaudhari is working as an Assistant Professor at Kokan Gyanpeeth’s Rahul Dharkar College of Pharmacy, Karjat, Maharashtra, India. She has worked with Pfizer and Flamingo Pharmaceuticals. She is actively involved in Books writing, Review, and research paper writing as well as actively involved in contributing towards academic literature
typhoid fever symptoms
typhoid fever treatment
typhoid fever antibiotics
typhoid fever treatment and food
typhoid fever causes
typhoid fever in hindi
typhoid fever medicine
what are the stages of typhoid fever
typhoid fever diet