Toothpaste for bleeding gums
There are several toothpaste formulas that can help with bleeding gums. Look for toothpaste that contains the following ingredients:
- Fluoride: Fluoride helps to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent cavities. It also helps to reduce inflammation and bleeding of the gums.
- Triclosan: Triclosan is an antibacterial agent that helps to kill harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help to soothe and heal irritated gums.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is important for healthy blood clotting and can help to reduce bleeding gums.
- Coenzyme Q10: Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing in the gums.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce bleeding gums.
Here is a sample recipe for homemade toothpaste for bleeding gums:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin K powder
- Mix the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and aloe vera gel together in a small bowl.
- Add the tea tree oil and vitamin K powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Use the toothpaste twice a day, brushing for at least two minutes each time.
Note: Be sure to consult with your dentist or healthcare provider if you have persistent bleeding gums, as it may be a sign of a more serious oral health issue.
Final Year B Pharm Notes, Syllabus, Books, PDF Subjectwise/Topicwise