Teeth whitening toothpaste
Teeth whitening toothpaste typically contains ingredients that help to remove surface stains on the teeth and prevent new stains from forming. Look for toothpaste that contains the following ingredients:
- Hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent that helps to whiten teeth.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a mild abrasive that helps to remove surface stains on the teeth.
- Fluoride: Fluoride helps to strengthen tooth enamel and protect against cavities.
- Calcium carbonate: Calcium carbonate is a gentle abrasive that helps to remove surface stains on the teeth.
- Potassium nitrate: Potassium nitrate helps to reduce sensitivity that can be caused by teeth whitening ingredients.
Here is a sample recipe for homemade teeth whitening toothpaste:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of calcium carbonate powder
- 1 teaspoon of potassium nitrate
- Mix the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil and peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Add the calcium carbonate powder and potassium nitrate and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Use the toothpaste twice a day, brushing for at least two minutes each time.
Note: It’s important to note that while teeth whitening toothpaste can help to remove surface stains, it may not be as effective as professional teeth whitening treatments. Additionally, overuse of teeth whitening products can damage tooth enamel, so it’s important to follow the directions carefully and consult with your dentist before starting any teeth whitening regimen.
Final Year B Pharm Notes, Syllabus, Books, PDF Subjectwise/Topicwise