The Sebumeter is a worldwide acknowleged tool to measure sebum (oil) on skin, scalp and hair.
The measurement is based on grease spot photometry. The opaque tape of the Sebumeter is brought into contact with skin or hair. It becomes transparent in relation to the amount of sebum on the surface of the measurement area.
When the tape is inserted into the aperture of the device, the transparency is measured by a photocell. The light transmission reflects the sebum content.
• Important for dermatologic basic research.
• It is used for objective clinical studies and the monitoring of the course of skin changes.
• For claim support and efficacy testing of all kinds of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals (especially cleansers, anti-acne products, shampoos and hair care, products for oily skin).
• The special tape detects only oil and is not influenced by moisture.
• A spring in the measuring head provides constant pressure on the skin.
• The low weight cassette permits convenient measurements at all body sites.
• One measurement cartridge lasts for approx. 400 measurements.
• The accuracy of the Sebumeter can easily be checked any time.
• Hundreds of studies have been done with the Sebumeter