Pharmacist’s oath Pharmacy Council of India, AACP
Oath Pharmacy Council of India
- I swear by the Code Ethics of Pharmacy Council of India in relation to the community and shall act as integral part of health care team.
- I shall uphold the laws and standards governing my profession.
- I shall strive to perfect and enlarge my knowledge to contribute to the advancement of pharmacy and public health.
- I shall follow the system, which I consider best for pharmaceutical care and counseling of patient.
- I shall hold endeavour to discover and manufacture drugs of quality to alleviate sufferings of humanity.
- I shall hold in confidence the knowledge gained about the patients in connection with my professional practice and never divulge unless completed to do so by the law.
- I shall associate with organizations having their objectives for betterment of Profession of Pharmacy and make contribution to carry out the work of those organization.
- While I continue to keep this oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and practice pf pharmacy respected by all, at all times!
- Should I trespass and violate this oath, may the reverse by my lot!
Oath American Pharmacists Association. AACP
“I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of
pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
• I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal
outcomes for my patients.
• I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
• I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
• I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral,
ethical and legal conduct.
• I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
• I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am
entrusted by the public.”