Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry II Practical
I Experiments involving laboratory techniques
- Steam distillation
II Determination of following oil values (including standardization of reagents)
- Acid value
- Saponification value
- Iodine value
III Preparation of compounds
- Benzanilide/Phenyl benzoate/Acetanilide from Aniline/ Phenol /Aniline by acylation reaction.
- 2,4,6-Tribromo aniline/Para bromo acetanilide from Aniline/ Acetanilide by halogenation (Bromination) reaction.
- 5-Nitro salicylic acid/Meta di nitro benzene from Salicylic acid / Nitro benzene by nitration reaction.
- Benzoic acid from Benzyl chloride by oxidation reaction.
- Benzoic acid/ Salicylic acid from alkyl benzoate/ alkyl salicylate by hydrolysis reaction.
- 1-Phenyl azo-2-napthol from Aniline by diazotization and coupling reactions.
- Benzil from Benzoin by oxidation reaction.
- Dibenzal acetone from Benzaldehyde by Claison Schmidt reaction
- Cinnammic acid from Benzaldehyde by Perkin reaction
- P-Iodo benzoic acid from P-amino benzoic acid
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Organic Chemistry byMorrison and Boyd
- Organic Chemistry by I.L. Finar , Volume-I
- Textbook of Organic Chemistry by B.S. Bahl & Arun Bahl.
- Organic Chemistry by P.L.Soni
- Practical Organic Chemistry byMann and Saunders.
- Vogel’s text book of Practical Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Practical organic chemistry by N.K.Vishnoi.
Second Year B Pharm Notes, Syllabus, Books, PDF Subjectwise/Topicwise