The majority of individuals , 64%, would likely receive a coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine when it becomes available, consistent with a study published in Human Vaccines & Immunotherapies.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused quite 1.48 million deaths and there are over 63.7 million confirmed cases worldwide, consistent with the planet Health Organization. Several vaccines show promise; however, distrust and misinformation has made some people wary a few receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Data were collected between July 14 and July 17 via a cross-sectional, online survey that was filled out by 1500 adults living within the uk . Additionally, investigators analyzed the association between the likelihood of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and factors like age, race, ethnicity, education, previous influenza vaccination, general vaccine beliefs and attitudes, and general beliefs surrounding COVID-19.
According to the study, although most of the people said they’re going to receive a vaccine once it becomes available, 27% were unsure whether or not they would receive the vaccine; however, just 9% stated that they were unlikely to be vaccinated.
“The highly contagious nature of COVID-19 means once a vaccine becomes available, ensuring an honest uptake will play a crucial role in reducing unnecessary deaths. so as to maximise the uptake of the coronavirus vaccine, campaigns to support vaccination programs overall, including for other routine vaccination programs like the annual winter flu program, will got to be in situ ,” said first author Sue Sherman, PhD, during a handout .
According to the study authors, high vaccine uptake can’t be assumed for several reasons, including the intention-behavior gap. An example of this is able to be during the 2009 swine influenza pandemic, when uptake of the H1N1 vaccine was poor in many countries, consistent with the study.
Two out of three people would have a COVID-19 vaccine when one becomes available November 26, 2020; London, UK. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-11/tfg-too112620.php.
Also read :
- covid vaccine india update
- covid vaccine
- COVID mRNA vaccine
- covid vaccine approval
- covid antigen
- ujala cygnus kulwanti hospital
- penicillamine granules india
- Rhizen Pharmaceuticals got approval for COVID drug clinical trial
- KU Leuven covid
- MoU between C-CAMP and IHMA to combat Antimicrobal Resistance
- Birth defects
- Pharmapack, Paris, January 27-28, 2021
- childern coronavirus vaccine
- Alligator Bioscience
- Antengene submitted IND application for Xpovio to treat rrMM & rrDLBCL
- Dravet syndrome
- Ascletis Pharma : PD-L1 antibody ASC22 (Envafolimab) in chronic hepatitis B patients
- Alchemlife Phytorelief
- Advaite antibody test
- covid treatment
- multiple sclerosis neurogenesis
- Nucala to treat chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps : GSK submitted for regulatory approval to FDA
- Opioid Stewardship : Role of a Pharmacist