Job Title: Product Manager
Department/Division/ Unit: Abbott Structural Heart
Reports To: Marketing Head
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Therapy Development professional to take their career to the next level.
About The Role
The Product Manager for transcatheter will be responsible to drive the penetration of transcatheter therapies in the country
The Main Aspects Of This Role Include
- Develop marketing plan with analysis and insights, including strategies, tactics and resources to drive growth opportunities and address key risks.
- Work across all implanters and cenres for the therapy penetration and creating awareness amongst customers
- Manage marketing/functional area (including budget, products & people). Provide market data and business analysis to support development of PLAN, Update and LBE. Provide direction and strategy to develop metrics used in managing business and evaluating Transcatheter vs. competitive performance. Review pricing and update as needed based on changing situation (customer, cost, competition, new products).
- Comprehend channel marketing efforts and requirements in managing development of promotional tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, and field sales and customer communications to support sales and business strategy as appropriate.
- Build relationships with key customers, thought leaders, trade associations, and industry players to facilitate sales and increase positive visibility and adoption of Abbott products.
- Partner with Sales, Medical, Legal and Regulatory to develop and execute product-marketing strategies.
- Drive execution of strategies and tactics in the field through extensive field travel, creative promotions, and training of sales teams during national and local meetings.
To succeed in your new position, you will ideally possess:
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience in Medical Device industry or Pharma industry working with Interventional Cardiologist preferably in TAVI/ TMVR space
- Willingness to accept challenging assignments and engage in relevant developmental activities, in a rapidly adapting environment
- Experience in working and leading cross-functional environments
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with web-based applications.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Therapy development experience within Interventional cardiologists
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and implement solutions, including identifying and involving the appropriate decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and hold individuals accountable to deliverables; ability to achieve objectives and milestones without direct authority; ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to identify and adapt to shifting priorities and competing demands, and maintain composure in difficult circumstances
Skill, Education, Experience
- Graduate in any discipline from reputed institute/ university (preferably B. Pharm or B.Sc)
- 4-8 years relevant business experience (inclusive of marketing or product management) or MBA with 3-4 yrs related experience
KEY REQUIREMENTS: COMPETENCIES
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills
- Innovative and results driven
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of social confidence and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to set priorities
- Ability to determine short- and long-range business needs
- Must possess strong problem-solving techniques
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Must be willing to travel 30%-40%
Summary of Position: This position interfaces frequently with a broad array of internal and external groups to assure that marketing goals are achieved
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
- On Site Gym
- Access to On Site Parking
- Discounted Healthcare
- Discounted Shares program
- Fresh fruit available to employees