Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy Practical D Pharm
- Interpretation of laboratory reports to optimize the drug therapy in a given clinical case (2 cases)
- Filling up IPC’s ADR Reporting Form and perform causality assessments using various scales (2 cases)
- Demonstration / simulated / hands-on experience on the identification, types, use / application /administration of
- Orthopaedic and Surgical Aids such as knee caps, LS belts, abdominal belts, walkers, walking sticks, etc.
- Different types of bandages such as sterile gauze, cotton, crepe bandages, etc.
- Needles, syringes, catheters, IV set, urine bag, RYLE’s tube, urine pots, colostomy bags, oxygen masks, etc.
- Case studies on drug-drug interactions (any 2 cases)
- Wound dressing (simulated cases and role play –minimum 2 cases)
- Vaccination and injection techniques (IV, IM, SC) using mannequins (5 activities)
- Use of Hospital Pharmacy Software and various digital health tools
The students shall be asked to submit written assignments on the following topics (One assignment per student per sessional period. i.e., a minimum of THREE assignments per student)
- Typical profile of a drug to be included in the hospital formulary
- Brief layout and various services of the Central Sterile Supplies Department (CSSD)
- Various types of sterilizers and sterilization techniques used in hospitals
- Fumigation and pesticide control in hospitals
- Role of Pharmacists in Transition of Care: Discharge cards, post-hospitalization care, medicine reconciliation activities in developed countries
- Total parenteral nutrition and IV admixtures and their compatibility issues
- Concept of electronic health records
- Invasive and Non-invasive diagnostic tests – HRCT, MRI, Sonography, 2D ECHO, X-rays, Mammography, ECG, EMG, EEG
- Home Diagnostic Kits – Pregnancy Test, COVID testing etc
- Measures to be taken in hospitals to minimize Antimicrobial Resistance
- Role and responsibilities of a pharmacist in a public hospitals in rural parts of the country
- Safe waste disposal of hospital waste
The students shall be taken in groups to visit a Government / private healthcare facility to understand and witness the various hospital and clinical pharmacy services provided. Individual reports from each student on their learning experience from the field visit shall be submitted.
F Y D Pharm & S Y D Pharm Notes, Books, Syllabus, PDF, Videos