Basic communication: Do’s and Dont’s (Communication skills Practical)
To study do’s and don’ts of basic communication skills.
- Do plan ahead to determine the messages you want to communicate.
- Do make sure the timing is right if you need to speak to an employee or a manager.
- Do communicate from a position of strength. Get your facts straight before you speak.
- Do make sure your statements are clear and free of unnecessary jargon.
- Do take responsibility for ensuring that what you say is understood by the audience or listener. Ask for feedback from listeners and provide clarification before completing the discussion.
- Don’t assume that an audience shares your interest in the subject. Think about how you can make the listener care about what you have to say.
- Don’t let personal feelings interfere in business or professional matters. Watch your body language for any signs that can be translated as hostile or that may cause discomfort for your listeners.
- Don’t assume that an audience will understand your main thoughts on a subject spell out your thinking clearly but without being condescending.
- Don’t be afraid to make changes if you are presented with new information or a different point of view. Remember that communication is a two way street with strong leadership. Communication skills you can gain the buy in others, build trust and inspire loyalty. Learn practical techniques for shaping your leadership messages.
Do’s and Don’ts of basic communication skill was studied.
First Year B Pharm Notes, Syllabus, Books, PDF Subjectwise/Topicwise