Physical Pharmacy Lab I
- Determination of refractive index of solid.
- Polarimetry: Different concentrations of sugar, determination of unknown concentration and specific rotation.
- Determination of solubility of a drug at room temperature
- Viscosity determination of Newtonian liquids using Ostwald’s viscometer and to determine the composition of an unknown binary mixture.
- Phenol water system – Critical solution temperature and composition
- Determination of surface tension of given liquids by drop count/ OR drop weight method and study the effect of surfactants in reducing surface tension/enhance wetting properties.
- To determine buffer capacity at various stages of titrations of a weak acid against a strong base and hence to determine pKa of the acid.
- Determination of partition coefficient of Iodine in CCl4 and water/ OR benzoic acid in benzene and water
- Adsorption of acetic acid on activated charcoal and determination of specific surface area of charcoal.
- Determination of HLB number of a surfactant by saponification method
- Laboratory Manual of Physical Pharmaceutics, C.V.S. Subramanyam, J. Thimma settee.
- Practical Physical Pharmacy, U. B. Hadkar, T.N. Vasudevan and K.S. Laddha,
For Pharma News and Conferences: Click here
For Online Shopping Offers : Click Here