Pharmacology Lab I
|1||Dose response curve (DRC) of Acetylcholine using suitable isolated tissue preparation (e.g. Cock|
|Effect of drugs on isolated frog heart (CDs)|
|‐Effect of excess calcium and potassium on isolated heart|
|‐Effect of lack of calcium and potassium on isolated frog heart|
|‐Effect of digitalis on hypodynamic heart|
|3||Simulated experiments (CDs)|
|‐Effect of drugs on eye|
|Demonstration with the help of CDs or kymograph recordings:|
|–Effect of neostigmine on DRC of Ach|
|4||–Effect of pancuronium on DRC of Ach|
|(Give the readings to the students and ask them to plot the graphs and draw conclusions from the|
|results e.g. Identify type of antagonism existing between two drugs by studying the nature of the|
|graphs, competitive and non- competitive. Find out the potency of the drugs by studying the DRC and
determining IC50 values)
‐Calculation of pA2 value of atropine using Ach as an agonist
- ‐Laboratory animal handling
‐Care and ethics in animal experimentation
- Kulkarni, S.K. Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology; 3rd Ed.; Vallabh Prakashan, New Delhi. 2005.
- Gosh M.N. Fundamentals of Experimental Pharmacology, 3rd Ed.; Hilton & Company, Calcutta. 2005.
- B. Kasture A Handbook of Experiments in Pre‐Clinical Pharmacology‐ 1st Ed. Career Publications. 2006.
- I.M. Perry, Pharmacological Experiments on Isolated Preparations. 2nd Ed.; E & S Livingstone, Edinburgh & London, 1970.
For Pharma News and Conferences: Click here
For Online Shopping Offers : Click Here