Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
|Concept of formulation:|
|1||Definition of drug and dosage form||4|
|Introduction to routes of administration|
|Classification of dosage form and their applications|
|2||Introduction to compounding and dispensing.||1|
|3||Prescription and its parts.||2|
|Types of prescriptions.|
|Pricing and recording of prescriptions.|
|Fundamentals of compounding and dispensing including good practices.|
|4||Containers and closures/packaging for dispensed products.||5|
|Storage and stability of dispensed products.|
|Labeling of dispensed preparations.|
|Dispensing of proprietary medicines.|
|5||Reduction and enlargement of formulae, formula by weight(w/v, w/w, v/v), in parts||4|
|Calculations based on expressions of concentration and dilution (percentage, parts, alligation), proof strength.|
|6||General compounding of Products (includes excipients used and compounding procedure):|
|Solutions, suspensions, emulsions and creams, ointments and pastes, gels, suppository and pessaries, powders,||10|
|granules. and capsules|
|Self-Study: Compounding of dosage forms such as lozenges, pastilles, pills, tablet triturates.||5|
|Physical Incompatibilities, Chemical Incompatibilities.|
|8||Definition and scope||2|
|Pharmacy and heath care system in India|
|Roles and responsibilities of community pharmacist|
|WHO Definition of health, and health promotion||3|
|Health screening services- definition, importance, methods for screening|
|Self-Study: Commonly occurring Communicable Diseases, causative agents, Balance diet, treatment &||3|
|prevention of deficiency disorders, Family planning – role of pharmacist|
|Definition and Principles of Pharmaceutical care, definition and outcomes of patient counseling|
|Principle and Significance of professional ethics, code of ethics for a pharmacist|
- Cooper and Gunn’s Dispensing for Pharmaceutical Students, Edns. 11 and 12; Edited by S.J.Carter, IndianEdition, CBS Publishers, Delhi.
- Pharmaceutical Practice; Edited by D.M.Collet and M.E.Aulton; Churchill Livingstone, ELBS Edition, 1991.
- Pharmaceutical Practice Edited by A.J.Winfield and R.M.E. Richards, Second Edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1998.]
- Pharmaceutical Practice; Edited by A.J. Winfild and R.M.E. Richards, Third Edition, Churchill Livingstone,2004.
- Husa’s Pharmaceutical Dispensing, Edited by Eric Martin, Sixth Edition, Mack Publishing Company, 1996.
- Pharmaceutical Calculations, A.C. Ansel and M.J.Stoklosa, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2006.
- Pharmaceutical Calculations – Bradley, Gustafson and Stoklosa, Third Edition, Lea and Febiger, 1957.
- Parmar N.S. Health Education and Community Pharmacy, 18th ed. India: CBSPublishers & Distributers; 2008.
- Merchant S.H. and Dr. J.S.Quadry. A Textbook of Hospital Pharmacy, 4th ed. Ahmadabad: B.S. Shah Prakakshan; 2001
- Parthasarathi G, Karin Nyfort-Hansen, Milap C Nahata. A Textbook of Clinical Pharmacy Practice- essential concepts and skills, 1 st ed. Chennai: Orient Longman Private Limited; 2004
For Pharma News and Conferences: Click here
For Online Shopping Offers : Click Here