- Qualitative tests for carbohydrates and confirmatory tests by ozasone formation
- Qualitative test and simple color reactions for amino acids and proteins. Precipitation reactions of proteins.
- Chromatographic separation of amino acids.
- Quantitative estimation of glucose (Willstaters and Lane & Eynon’s methods). Estimation of sucrose. Colorimetric estimation of glucose.
- Quantitative estimation of proteins by Biuret method and Folin method (one titrimetry and one by colorimetry)
- Estimation of enzyme activity – ptyline (amylase) in saliva and alkaline phosphatase (including plotting of data to determine Km and Vmax for any one of these enzymes)
- Quantitative estimation of properties of lipids – acid value, iodine value, saponification value.
- Quantitative estimation of RNA and DNA.
- Demonstrations of estimation of blood glucose, SGOT or SGPT using commercial kits (suggest that students should volunteer for fasting and post prandial glucose determinations)
- Demonstration of isolation of DNA.
- An Introduction to Practical Biochemistry – Plummer D.T., Tata Mcgraw Hill, N Delhi, India
- Laboratory Manual In Biochemisty, Jayaraman J, Wiley Easter, N Delhi. India
For Pharma News and Conferences: Click here
For Online Shopping Offers : Click Here